Re: relfrozenxid may disagree with row XIDs after 1ccc1e05ae - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: relfrozenxid may disagree with row XIDs after 1ccc1e05ae
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Jul 11, 2024 at 02:16:08PM -0700, Noah Misch wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 08, 2024 at 05:23:52PM -0400, Melanie Plageman wrote:
>> I am nervous about the test flaking on the buildfarm. But I did
>> the best I could to try to make it stable. I think keeping it as a
>> separate commit should be easiest in case we have to revert it?
>
> Whether one uses a separate commit or not, it's easy to remove a new test.  I
> think either way is fine.  We've not typically committed tests separately.

Depends.  Melanie, if you are nervous about the test stability, I'd
suggest to do what you think is better and separate that into two
commits to ease your flow, then.  This will limit the damage should a
revert of the test be done.  I'm pretty sure that I have done that in
the past more than once when I had similar concerns in mind.
--
Michael

Attachment