Re: open items - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: open items
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 09, 2024 at 03:28:13PM -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> Just a few reminders about the open items list at
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_17_Open_Items --

Thanks for summarizing the situation.

> * Race condition with local injection point detach. Discussion is ongoing.

I have sent a patch for that yesterday, which I assume is going in the
right direction to close entirely the loop:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/Zjx9-2swyNg6E1y1%40paquier.xyz

There is still one point of detail related to the amount of
flexibility we'd want for detachs (concurrent detach happening in
parallel of an automated one in the shmem callback) that I'm not
entirely sure about yet but I've proposed an idea to solve that as
well.  I'm hopeful in getting that wrapped at the beginning of next
week.
--
Michael

Attachment