Re: Logical replication is missing block of rows when sending initial sync? - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From hubert depesz lubaczewski
Subject Re: Logical replication is missing block of rows when sending initial sync?
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Nov 02, 2023 at 10:17:13AM +0900, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
> At Mon, 30 Oct 2023 07:10:35 +0000, "Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu)" <kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com> wrote in
> > I've tried, but I could not reproduce the failure. PSA the script what I did.
>
> I'm not well-versed in the details of logical replication, but does
> logical replication inherently operate in such a way that it fully
> maintains relationships between tables? If not, isn't it possible that
> the issue in question is not about missing referenced data, but merely
> a temporary delay?

The problem is that date that appeared *later* was visible on the
subscriber. Data that came earlier was visible too. Just some block of
data got, for some reason, skipped.

Best regards,

depesz