Re: ODBC driver maintenance: PostgreSQL 16 support and other open items - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: ODBC driver maintenance: PostgreSQL 16 support and other open items
Date
List pgsql-odbc
On Wed, Sep 06, 2023 at 12:10:19PM -0400, Joe Conway wrote:
> We are running out of time until the Postgres v16 release -- it is currently
> scheduled for next week on 14 September.
>
> Two people, Dave Cramer and Michael Paquier, have offered to help if you
> will allow them to have commit access to the repository.

Confirmed.  I am not sure if I could help with integration of
complicated features, but I'm OK with stabilizing the whole and making
sure that the regression tests are able to run where they should,
perhaps except Windows.  In my experience with this code from a few
years back, the portability of changes matters less than the
stability of the code between the ODBC layer and the internal
SAVEPOINT-heavy logic.  Even more now that this stuff requires libpq
and does not speak directly the Postgres protocol.
--
Michael

Attachment