Re: BUG #18057: unaccent removes intentional spaces - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: BUG #18057: unaccent removes intentional spaces
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Sat, Aug 19, 2023 at 08:08:26PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> I was envisioning following SQL identifier rules, that is you double
> the double quote.  Then the existing " entries would have to become
> """", which isn't much fun.  But what you're suggesting would make
> both " and \ into magic characters, doubling the chance of problems
> with existing rules files.

Apologies for the confusion.  I was thinking to also escape \ in
quoted strings.  Your suggestion to use a second double-quote for the
escaping is fine by me.  """" feels a bit ugly-ish in the rules file,
for sure, but that does not look like a huge issue to me as long as
the python script generates consistent contents ;)
--
Michael

Attachment