Re: Make EXPLAIN generate a generic plan for a parameterized query - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christoph Berg
Subject Re: Make EXPLAIN generate a generic plan for a parameterized query
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Re: Tom Lane
> I don't actually see why a postgres_fdw test case is needed at all?
> The tests in explain.sql seem sufficient.

When I asked Laurenz about that he told me that local tables wouldn't
exercise the code specific for EXEC_FLAG_EXPLAIN_GENERIC.

(Admittedly my knowledge of the planner wasn't deep enough to verify
that. Laurenz is currently traveling, so I don't know if he could
answer this himself now.)

Christoph