Re: Commitfest 2023-03 starting tomorrow! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Justin Pryzby
Subject Re: Commitfest 2023-03 starting tomorrow!
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 24, 2023 at 10:24:43AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> >> * Check consistency of GUC defaults between .sample.conf and pg_settings.boot_val
> >   - It looks like this was pretty active until last October and might
> > have been ready to apply at least partially? But no further work or
> > review has happened since.
>
> FWIW, I don't find much appealing the addition of two GUC flags for
> only the sole purpose of that,

The flags seem independently interesting - adding them here follows
a suggestion Andres made in response to your complaint.
20220713234900.z4rniuaerkq34s4v@awork3.anarazel.de

> particularly as we get a stronger
> dependency between GUCs that can be switched dynamically at
> initialization and at compile-time.

What do you mean by "stronger dependency between GUCs" ?

--
Justin