Re: \pset xheader_width page as default? (Re: very long record lines in expanded psql output) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christoph Berg
Subject Re: \pset xheader_width page as default? (Re: very long record lines in expanded psql output)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Re: Pavel Stehule
> pspg requires all lines to have the same width. It can do some corrections
> - but it is hard to detect wanted differences or just plain text format.
>
> can be nice to have the first invisible row with some information about
> used formatting. pspg does some heuristic but this code is not nice and it
> is fragile.

I like pspg and use it myself, but I don't think a tool that does the
right thing by hiding a full screen of ---- from the user should
hinder making the same progress in psql with a simple pager.

Christoph