Re: how to clear the query history? - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Peter
Subject Re: how to clear the query history?
Date
List pgadmin-support
On Thu, Aug 04, 2022 at 06:15:43PM +0530, Aditya Toshniwal wrote:

! This looks similar to - https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/7468

Hi Aditya, thank You for the reply!

So it is a known issue, fine. It doesn't bother me much when I'm able
to fix it.

! If you're using the desktop variant then you'll find a file pgadmin4.db
! SQLite file in the .pgadmin directory of user home.
! If on server mode then it should be in /var/lib/pgadmin.
! You can open the .db file and clear the query_history table.

Yep, the user database, I found that in the meantime, thank You, that
worked well. :)

! pgAdmin4 editor selection is not disabled. Can you share a screen recording
! to understand better?

Hm, I don't have a screen recorder... but it is not difficult to understand:

 - open the query tool
 - look at the bottom of the window, there is a text
   "Total rows: 0 of 0"
 - Mark that text with left-mouse
 - point back into the query tool editor
 - press middle-mouse
 -> the text inserts.

 - Now mark any text *within* the query tool editor with left-mouse
 - Point anywhere, another app, an xterm, emacs, or inside the query
     tool editor itself
 - Click middle-mouse
 -> everywhere the old text "total rows..." inserts.

If this works different for You on maybe linux, then just tell me,
then I have to enable some linux vm to access the pgadmin server and
then compare from there...

-- PMc