Re: Oracle to Postgress Migration - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Oracle to Postgress Migration
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Jul 14, 2022 at 03:06:58PM -0400, DAVID ROTH wrote:
> Has anything been published on Oracle to Postgress migration.
>
> I am finding plenty of information about schema migration but,
> I think this is the easy part.
> I have a a tremendous amount of SQL and PL/SQL code that needs to be translated.  I know Oracle "packages" will not
translate. DECODE is not standard and will need to be rewritten as CASE.  I have seen feature/function translation
matricesto/from Oracle and other database but I can't seem to find one for Postgress.

> Please point me in the right direction.

I would start here:

    https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Oracle_to_Postgres_Conversion

  Indecision is a decision.  Inaction is an action.  Mark Batterson