Re: orafce: some of the build time generated files are not present in .gitignore and also checked into the repository - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: orafce: some of the build time generated files are not present in .gitignore and also checked into the repository
Date
In response to Re: orafce: some of the build time generated files are not present in .gitignore and also checked into the repository  (Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>)
Responses Re: orafce: some of the build time generated files are not present in .gitignore and also checked into the repository  (Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr 26, 2022 at 06:17:41PM +0200, Pavel Stehule wrote:

> út 26. 4. 2022 v 14:19 odesílatel Ashutosh Sharma <ashu.coek88@gmail.com>
> napsal:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     The below files in orafce contrib module are generated at build time.
>     However, these are checked into the repository. Shouldn't these files
>     be removed from the repository and added to the .gitignore file so
>     that they get ignored in the future commits.
>
>     sqlparse.c
>     sqlscan.c
>     sqlparse.h
>
> Without these files there is a problem with MSVC build.

Uh, I am kind of lost here.  Why was this reported to the Postgres
server email lists and not to the orafce email lists?  Is there
confusion who develops/support orafce?  Which MSVC build is broken?  The
Postgres server or orafce?

I assume the problem is that the 'makefile' system generates these
files, but the MSVC build doesn't generate them, so it is just easier to
check them in after a make build so MSVC can use them, and another make
run will just overwrite them.

  Indecision is a decision.  Inaction is an action.  Mark Batterson