Re: pgsql: Remove command checks in tests of pg_basebackup and pg_receivewa - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pgsql: Remove command checks in tests of pg_basebackup and pg_receivewa
Date
List pgsql-committers
On Sun, May 01, 2022 at 10:18:37AM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> IIRC we know that tar will be available on Windows.

What about gzip?  Are the binaries and the libraries split into
different packages for this package manager on Windows?  We've never
assumed that this is possible on ./configure, but it would make sense
to make MSVC able to manage this case.

> I don't think we should do that check for every time we call
> vc_regress.pl, that seems wasteful. Maybe do it if the command is one
> that might require these commands, which I think would be bincheck or
> taptest. And/Or stash some status somewhere?

Mostly.  We also care about gzip in contrib/basebackup_to_shell/,
though contribcheck does not run the TAP tests of contrib/ modules.
As you say, setting up those variables in bincheck and taptest would
be enough.
--
Michael

Attachment