Re: BUG #17446: Suggest updating the section title "Building Indexes Concurrently" - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: BUG #17446: Suggest updating the section title "Building Indexes Concurrently"
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Mar 22, 2022 at 09:58:28PM +0000, PG Bug reporting form wrote:
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/sql-createindex.html#SQL-CREATEINDEX-CONCURRENTLY
>
> Suggest changing section title "Building Indexes Concurrently" to "Building
> Indexes Using the CONCURRENTLY Parameter" to eliminate any ambiguity.

FWIW, I don't see the existing section title as really ambigu here,
and this wording exists with 10~ years now without anybody complaining
about it.  REINDEX CONCURRENTLY has been introduced in the last years,
and it has influenced this description, but mot by much as the same
concepts as CREATE INDEX apply for the building part.
--
Michael

Attachment