Re: psql: Make SSL info display more compact - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: psql: Make SSL info display more compact
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Feb 28, 2022 at 10:50:01AM +0000, Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker wrote:
> Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> writes:
>> On 28 Feb 2022, at 10:02, Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>> This was originally done, but all client side changes reverted as there still
>> are server versions in production which allow compression.
>
> How about making it show "compression: on" if compression is on, but
> nothing in the common "off" case?

Hm, no, as it can be useful to know that compression is disabled when
connecting to an old server.  What about that making the information
shown version-aware?  I would choose to show the compression part only
for server versions where it is settable.
--
Michael

Attachment