Re: pg_receivewal starting position - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pg_receivewal starting position
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Oct 25, 2021 at 09:15:32AM +0200, Ronan Dunklau wrote:
> Does it make sense though ? The NULL slot_name case handling is pretty
> straight forward has it will be handled by string formatting, but in the case
> of a null restart_lsn, we have no way of knowing if the command was issued at
> all.

If I am following your point, I don't think that it matters much here,
and it seems useful to me to be able to pass NULL for both of them, so
as one can check if the slot exists or not with an API designed this
way.
--
Michael

Attachment