Re: Thank you! - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Katherine Mcmillan
Subject Re: Thank you!
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi Muhammad,

Welcome!!

I too started getting into FOSS and PostgreSQL from a GIS background -  it turns out that COTS GIS products are not great for everyone/everything 🙂  I would highly recommend looking into the PostGIS extension for Postgres if you haven't already.

You will find that Postgres and PostGIS are particularly well-suited for geospatial data and GIS related work.  I would also recommend checking out the OpenStreetMap project, and enhancing your skillset with Python.  There's some good Python courses at codecademy and some great Python tools on Github (https://github.com/topics/learning-python).  PostgreSQL can also be found on Github: https://github.com/topics/postgresql

Sincerely,
Katie

P.S.: Some of us still use irc (username: mappx)

From: Muhammad SUDARMAN <darman.sudarman@gmail.com>
Sent: 01 April 2021 02:53
To: Tom McCubbin <tom.mccubbin@gmail.com>; pgsql-admin@lists.postgresql.org <pgsql-admin@lists.postgresql.org>
Subject: Re: Thank you!

Attention : courriel externe | external email
Hi all,

Just to let you know that I currently used the postgres for around moreless 1month.

I have no experience and background in IT but I want to eager learn this to support my role in Geographic Information System (GIS)

As beginner, your advises (Tips, Books, YT channels, E-Course, etc related to the PostgreSQL)
 are highly  appreciated on me how to start the learning process.

Thank you,
Muhammad