Re: Some RELKIND macro refactoring - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Some RELKIND macro refactoring
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Aug 16, 2021 at 10:22:50AM -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Partitioned tables are not listed here, but IIRC there's a patch to let
> partitioned tables have a table AM so that their partitions inherit it.

This was raised in the thread for ALTER TABLE SET ACCESS METHOD (see
patch 0002):
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20210308010707.GA29832@telsasoft.com

I am not sure whether we'd want to do that for table AMs as
property inheritance combined with partitioned tables has always been
a sensitive topic for any properties, but if we discuss this it should
be on a new thread.
--
Michael

Attachment