Re: DETAIL for wrong scram password - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: DETAIL for wrong scram password
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 25, 2021 at 03:54:10PM +0000, Jacob Champion wrote:
> It looks like the code paths that lead to a doomed authentication
> already provide their own, more specific, logdetail (role doesn't
> exist, role has no password, role doesn't have a SCRAM secret, etc.).

Yes, you are right here.  I missed the parts before
mock_scram_secret() gets called and there are comments in the whole
area.  Hmm, at the end of the day, I think that would just have
verify_client_proof() fill in logdetail when the client proof does not
match, and use a wording different than what's proposed upthread to
outline that this is a client proof mismatch.
--
Michael

Attachment