Re: New docs chapter on Transaction Management and related changes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: New docs chapter on Transaction Management and related changes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 30, 2022 at 07:10:35AM -0700, David G. Johnston wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 30, 2022 at 6:52 AM Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> I'd maybe accept having it back-patched to v15 on that basis but not any
> further.
>
> But I agree that our general behavior is to only apply this scope of update of
> the documentation to HEAD.

If everyone agrees this new chapter is helpful, and as helpful to PG 11
users as PG 16 users, why would we not give users this information in
our docs now?  What is the downside?  Chapter numbers?  Translations?

I assume this new chapter would be mentioned in the minor release notes.

Embrace your flaws.  They make you human, rather than perfect,
which you will never be.