Re: An attempt to avoid locally-committed-but-not-replicated-to-standby-transactions in synchronous replication - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: An attempt to avoid locally-committed-but-not-replicated-to-standby-transactions in synchronous replication
Date
In response to Re: An attempt to avoid locally-committed-but-not-replicated-to-standby-transactions in synchronous replication  (Andrey Borodin <amborodin86@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 28, 2022 at 01:31:39PM -0800, Andrey Borodin wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 28, 2022 at 12:59 PM Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> >
> > You can prepare a patch, but it unlikely to get much interest until you
> > get agreement on what the behavior should be.
>
> We discussed the approach on 2020's Unconference [0]. And there kind
> of was an agreement.
> Then I made a presentation on FOSDEM with all the details [1].
> The patch had been on commitfest since 2019 [2]. There were reviewers
> in the CF entry, and we kind of had an agreement.
> Jeff Davis proposed a similar patch [3]. And we certainly agreed about cancels.
> And now Bharath is proposing the same.
>
> We have the interest and agreement.

Okay, I was not aware we had such broad agreement.

Embrace your flaws.  They make you human, rather than perfect,
which you will never be.