Re: empty pg_stat_progress_vacuum - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: empty pg_stat_progress_vacuum
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Oct 21, 2022 at 10:21:23PM +0000, senor wrote:
> I'm mainly wanting to understand why I'm not seeing processes in
> pg_stat_progress_vacuum. If I rapidly refresh I occasionally see an
> entry for a very small table. A manually started vacuum didn't show
> up either.

It may be possible that the run is short enough that it did not get
captured, as pg_stat_progress_vacuum is a snapshot of the current
point in time.

> Pg version 11.4

Hard to say, but I think that you should update your binaries, at
least.  11.4 has been release in June 2019, and the latest release
available is 11.17, meaning that you are missing more than three years
worth of bug fixes.  Based on the roadmap in [1], 11.18 should be out
next week.

[1]: https://www.postgresql.org/developer/roadmap/
--
Michael