Re: Allow tests to pass in OpenSSL FIPS mode - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Allow tests to pass in OpenSSL FIPS mode
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Feb 27, 2023 at 08:23:34AM +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On 27.02.23 08:16, Michael Paquier wrote:
>> This refers to brin_minmax_multi_distance_macaddr8(), no?  This is
>> amazing.  I have a hard time imagining how FIPS would interact with
>> what we do in mac8.c to explain that, so it may be something entirely
>> different.  Is that reproducible?
>
> This is no longer present in the v2 patch.

Sure, but why was it happening in the first place?  The proposed patch
set only reworks some regression tests.  So It seems to me that this
is a sign that we may have issues in some code area that got stressed
in some new way, no?
--
Michael

Attachment