Re: Important Info on comp.databases.postgresql.general - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Marcel Beaudoin
Subject Re: Important Info on comp.databases.postgresql.general
Date
List pgsql-general
Woodchuck Bill <bwr607@hotmail.com> wrote in

> OK, so you think it is acceptable for anyone to create as many Big-8
> rogue groups as they like? Some servers will carry the groups, others
> will not. There should be no accountability for someone doing this.
> There is nothing wrong with it.

I think that the question is will the "rogue" groups being created do a
significant amount of damage to the rest of usenet that a UDP is warranted.
In this case, recommending a UDP for a set of groups that is, from what I
can tell, pretty much self-contained, sorta like using a shotgun to open a
peanut.  It does the job but is way out of scale.
--
Marcel