Re: [HACKERS] Marc's initial request to start Postgres95 develop - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Vince Vielhaber
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Marc's initial request to start Postgres95 develop
Date
Re: [HACKERS] Marc's initial request to start Postgres95 develop  (The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 17-Oct-99 Bruce Momjian wrote:

>> On 17-Oct-99 Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> > Does anyone have an archive of Marc's request to gather developers for
>> > Postgres95 development?  It would in the May-June, 1996 time period.
>> >
>> > I had it for a long time, but accidentally deleted it.  Isn't there tar
>> > file of all the Postgres95 mailing list messages somewhere?  I can find
>> > it if I can get access to an archive.
>>
>> Marc doesn't keep archives of his own posts?  How established was the
>> mailing list then?  Was it being gated at the time?   Could it be on
>> one of the main archive sites?
>
> It was posted to the old postgres95 mailing list at the time Jolly ran
> it somewhere at postgres95@postgres95.vnet.net.  It was before we moved
> it over to his site.  The issue is that after we switched over to a new
> mailing list, I was going through the old postgres95 bug reports and
> finding any valuable patches.  When I was done, I deleted the file,
> forgetting that the founding messages where in the same folder.

Ahhh, I get it.  My first of the group of questions wondered about Marc
keeping archives of his own posts.  I'm now guessing he doesn't.  You
(and I'm guessing many) people may think it strange but I keep archives
of everything I've posted for the last 3-5 years (except for that hard
drive incident I try to forget :)

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH   email: vev@michvhf.com   flame-mail: /dev/null # include <std/disclaimers.h>       Have you
seenhttp://www.pop4.net?       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop