Re: [HACKERS] egcs experimentation results - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dmitry Samersoff
Subject Re: [HACKERS] egcs experimentation results
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 30-May-99 Oleg Bartunov wrote:
> On Sun, 30 May 1999, Tom Lane wrote:
>
>> Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 11:47:15 -0400
>> From: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
>> To: pgsql-hackers@postgreSQL.org
>> Subject: [HACKERS] egcs experimentation results
>>
>> For work-related reasons I recently had to install egcs 1.1.2 here.
>> I thought I'd try Postgres with it, since we have at least two reports
>> of problems seen only with egcs:
>>      1. The business about char and short parameters to functions
>>         called through fmgr;
>>      2. Oleg's report of instability seen only with egcs and -O.
>
> Tom,
>
> the problem seems gone away after cleaning computer box with vacuum
> machine and replacing cooler :-!  This could be goind to FAQ :-)

I use egcs on FreeBSD and Solaris x86 about a year and have no problems at all.

There was some compilation problems of libpg++, but it seems to be fixed.

---
Dmitry Samersoff, dms@wplus.net, ICQ:3161705
http://devnull.wplus.net
* There will come soft rains ...