RE: cant connect - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Vince Vielhaber
Subject RE: cant connect
Date
List pgsql-general
redirected to general
---------------------

 We are trying to use psql on RedHat 5.2 to access a database on another
 Redhat 5.2 box runing Postgres (started as user postgres:     postmaster

 -D /var/lib/pgsql -B 256 -i -d 3 &.)
 The backend start okay and we can access the data on the local machine
 runing psql but cannont on another machine on the same net.  We tried
 adding PAM modules and adding the tcp port to the services files.  We
 tried to log in as many different users but it just keeps telling us on
 the remote and local machine that authenication has failed.  What could
 we be doing wrong?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

 Joe