Re: Minor documentation error regarding streaming replication protocol - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Minor documentation error regarding streaming replication protocol
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 03:13:25PM -0800, Jeff Davis wrote:
> On second thought, I'm going to retract this patch. The docs[1] say:
>
> "You can, if you like, add comments to a history file to record your
> own notes about how and why this particular timeline was created. Such
> comments will be especially valuable when you have a thicket of
> different timelines as a result of experimentation."

This actually rings a bell.  Now that I think about it, I have seen in
the past Japanese customers making use of Japanese characters in
history files.  I am adding Fujii-san and Horiguchi-san in CC for more
details as I recall that they were involved in such things, with
pg_rman coming first into mind.  (No idea about French users.)
--
Michael

Attachment