Re: O(n^2) system calls in RemoveOldXlogFiles() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: O(n^2) system calls in RemoveOldXlogFiles()
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 07:15:21PM +1300, Thomas Munro wrote:
> Hah, I even knew that, apparently, but forgot.  Adding Michael who
> wrote a patch.  It'd be nice to fix this, at least in 14.

Yeah, this rings a bell.  I never went back to it even if the thing
looks rather clean at quick glance (not tested), but I may be able
to spend some cycles on that.  I don't think that's critical enough
for a backpatch, so doing something only on HEAD is fine by me.
What's your take?
--
Michael

Attachment