Re: [GENERAL] Er Data Modeller for PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andreas Joseph Krogh
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Er Data Modeller for PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
På fredag 23. desember 2016 kl. 06:50:54, skrev Günce Kaya <guncekaya14@gmail.com>:
Hi All,

I'm looking for an ER Data Modeller tool for postgresql. I use Navicat Premium for postgresql and the tool has a modeller but I would like to display a database modeller that belonging to a tables of an schema under a database.

If I use Navicat for modeller, I have to drag and drop whole tables which I want to add to data modeller. So It's pretty manual process.

Is there any way to display an er modeller that show only chosen schema under the database?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

--
Gunce Kaya

We use IDEA from IntelliJ: https://www.jetbrains.com/idea/
It features a nice DB-tool integrated (the commercial version only I think)

Database tools

Take advantage of intelligent coding assistance when editing SQL; connect to live databases; run queries; browse and expert data; and even manage your schemes in a visual interface–right from the IDE.

...which I think is an embeded version of their DataGrip application: https://www.jetbrains.com/datagrip/

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh
CTO / Partner - Visena AS