Re: Moving a large DB (> 500GB) to another DB with different locale - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andreas Joseph Krogh
Subject Re: Moving a large DB (> 500GB) to another DB with different locale
Date
List pgsql-general
På torsdag 14. januar 2016 kl. 00:34:51, skrev Jim Nasby <Jim.Nasby@BlueTreble.com>:
On 1/13/16 2:39 PM, Andreas Joseph Krogh wrote:
> Where can I find more info about how to use and configure pg_logical to
> replicate a 9.4 DB to 9.5?

http://2ndquadrant.com/en/resources/pglogical/

Thanks, I found detailed instructions in /usr/share/doc/postgresql-9.5-pglogical/README.md.gz
Any chance of putting in online?

I see that wal_level = 'logical', and that is a problem for us as we already use wal_level = 'hot_standby' on this installation as it replicates to another server.

Is it possible to use pglogical together with hot_standby streaming-replication?

Thank.

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh
CTO / Partner - Visena AS