Sv: Re: Sv: Re: Oracle vs PG - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andreas Joseph Krogh
Subject Sv: Re: Sv: Re: Oracle vs PG
Date
List pgsql-general
På tirsdag 23. oktober 2018 kl. 23:36:29, skrev Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>:
On 10/23/18 2:34 PM, Andreas Joseph Krogh wrote:
> På tirsdag 23. oktober 2018 kl. 22:45:36, skrev Adrian Klaver
> <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com <mailto:adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>>:
>
>     On 10/23/18 12:58 PM, Ravi Krishna wrote:
>      > Well it is Aurora.
>      >
>      >
>     https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/23/amazon-move-off-oracle-caused-prime-day-outage-in-warehouse.html
>      >
>
>     Since the article was almost content-free I not would use it on either
>     side of the argument. The only thing I pulled from it was Amazon changed
>     databases and hit the learning curve. That will happen in either
>     direction.
>
> Is it so hard to accept commercial databases have advantages?

That is entirely possible. My point is that the article does not contain
enough information to make that determination. As with many media
articles it was written to support the headline, not to actually shed
light on the issue.

I think it provides enough.
It's of course entirely up to the reader to ignore, question, or not believe, the results of the published report(s).

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh