Re: Installed PostgreSQL-11 in Ubuntu 18.04.02 Server Edition: No existing local cluster is suitable as a default target - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andreas Joseph Krogh
Subject Re: Installed PostgreSQL-11 in Ubuntu 18.04.02 Server Edition: No existing local cluster is suitable as a default target
Date
In response to Re: Installed PostgreSQL-11 in Ubuntu 18.04.02 Server Edition: Noexisting local cluster is suitable as a default target  (Marco Ippolito <ippolito.marco@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
På onsdag 18. september 2019 kl. 12:25:05, skrev Marco Ippolito <ippolito.marco@gmail.com>:
Hi Andreas,
if I understand correctly, this is what I've done afterwards:

postgres@pc:/home/marco$ /usr/lib/postgresql/11/bin/pg_ctl -D /usr/local/pgsql/data -l logfile start
waiting for server to start..../bin/sh: 1: cannot create logfile: Permission denied
 stopped waiting
pg_ctl: could not start server
Examine the log output.
postgres@pc:/home/marco$

What am I doing wrong?

You don't have permissions to create the logfile (named "logfile" in your command) in CWD (/home/macro). Specify absolute path to somewhere writable for user "postgres".

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh
CTO / Partner - Visena AS

Attachment