Re: Exclude pg_largeobject form pg_dump - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andreas Joseph Krogh
Subject Re: Exclude pg_largeobject form pg_dump
Date
List pgsql-general
På tirsdag 08. mars 2016 kl. 15:43:37, skrev Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>:
On 03/08/2016 01:53 AM, Andreas Joseph Krogh wrote:
> Hi all.
> Is there a way to exclude pg_largeobject from pg_dump? -T pg_largeobject
> doesn't work. I've tried to exclude tables using OID-datatype also but
> that didn't work either.

Well pg_largeobject is a system catalog so pretty sure it cannot be
excluded.

What tables are you trying to exclude with OID?

Do you care about not dumping the pg_largeobject table or not dumping
the data it contains?

I have several tables with OID-columns and I'd like to dump my DB without any data in pg_largeobject (> 95% of the space is occupied by data in pg_largeobject).
I've tried to exclude (using -T) the tables containing OID-columns but pg_largeobject is still dumped containing the data it seems.

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh
CTO / Partner - Visena AS

Attachment