Sv: FW: Re: type for storing emails? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Andreas Joseph Krogh
Subject Sv: FW: Re: type for storing emails?
Date
List pgsql-sql
På tirsdag 12. november 2019 kl. 16:07:47, skrev stan <stanb@panix.com>:
[...]
For the moment, I am just going to verify that what is entered is a valid
email format. Verifying that the email exists, may come later.

Thanks for making me think about this, though.

Note that it's only possible to verify that the email-address is correctly structured and a syntactically correct. There is no way to verify that an email-address actually exists, ie. that a recipient will receive emails sent to it.

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh
CTO / Partner - Visena AS

Attachment