RE: server closed the connection unexpectedly - bug report - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Jiří Ledvinka
Subject RE: server closed the connection unexpectedly - bug report
Date
List pgsql-bugs

I dont know what the process 12228 was. Because the OS is Windows Server. Do you want me to send the verbose log file? The SQL commands doesnt not cause the access violation.

Regards

Jiri

From: David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, June 25, 2022 11:23 PM
To: Jiří Ledvinka <ledvinkaj@sci.muni.cz>
Cc: pgsql-bugs@lists.postgresql.org
Subject: Re: server closed the connection unexpectedly - bug report

On Sat, Jun 25, 2022 at 2:11 PM David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:

On Saturday, June 25, 2022, Jiří Ledvinka <ledvinkaj@sci.muni.cz> wrote:

Hello everyone. I have problem with opening DB in pgAdmin. But the DB works normally. See Screenshots and logs.

After update from version 11.10 to 11.16 it didn’t help. pgAdmin also the newest, and other version work either. I cant upgrade to higher version because the SW using this DB isn’t compatible with higher version. Do you thing the solution is to make dump, remove the DB and import DB from the dump.SQL? But there is also TimeScaleDB addon.

Check logs and try just using psql to connect.

So what was process 12228?  Any log messages related to it?  Last server up was 5 minutes before the logs you are showing here.

If indeed it is an attempt by pgAdmin to connect and issue that set of SQL commands causing an access violation does the same violation occur if you emulate it but using psql?

David J.