Re: Major differences between oracle and postgres performance - what can I do ? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Mischa Sandberg
Subject Re: Major differences between oracle and postgres performance - what can I do ?
Date
List pgsql-performance
Don't know about Oracle, but select-distinct in MSSQL2K will indeed throw
away duplicates, which chops the CPU time. Very easy to see in the graphic
query plan, both in terms of CPU and the number of rows retrieved from a
single-node or nested-loop subtree. Definitely a worthwhile optimization.