RE: Re:Re:BUG #18369: logical decoding core on AssertTXNLsnOrder() - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu)
Subject RE: Re:Re:BUG #18369: logical decoding core on AssertTXNLsnOrder()
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Dear Haiyang Li,

> Issue #1 is presented in [1], which has been figured out and provided an appropriate fix patch in [5].

Right.

> Issue #2 is presented in [2], which has been figured out. But we have not yet provided a fix patch.
> Issue #3 is presented in [3], which was initially thought to be the same as issue #2. However,
> you have found that it might be related to the issue discussed in [4].

Sorry for confusing. I meant to say that issues #2 and #3 are the same, and there is a related
discussion in [4].

> If my understanding is correct, I think that multiple issues should be resolved independently.
> In this thread, we should resolve issue #1 using the patch provided in [5]. If we want to prevent
> the newly added spec test triggering other issues (such as issue #3), revert the spec test to
> the test cases provided in [6] may be a good choice.

Absolutely correct.

> The issue  #2 can be discussed in a new thread. The issue #3 can be discussed in [4] thread.
> Thought?

Again, I think #2 and #3 are the same, so it should be discussed in [4].

[4]: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/29273AF3-9684-4069-9257-D05090B03B99@amazon.com

Best Regards,
Hayato Kuroda
FUJITSU LIMITED