Re: backup.old - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Steve Pribyl
Subject Re: backup.old
Date
List pgsql-general

Great, dur(rtfm), so is it save to delete the backup.old, if the db is not in backup mode.

Steve Pribyl
Sr. Systems Engineer
steve.pribyl@akunacapital.com
Desk: 312-994-4646

From: David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 7, 2015 2:12 PM
To: Steve Pribyl
Cc: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] backup.old

On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 2:58 PM, Steve Pribyl <Steve.Pribyl@akunacapital.com> wrote:
Good Afternoon,

We are in a bit of pickle with this as I think some of the issues we may be having could possible be caused by being backup mode for months.

What can I check or do to make sure the db is not in backup mode and under what circumstances/how can I remove that backup.old file?

um...

pg_is_in_backup()

David J.

Steve Pribyl | Senior Systems Engineer
Akuna Capital LLC
36 S Wabash, Suite 310 Chicago IL 60603 USA | www.akunacapital.com
p: +1 312 994 4646 | m: | f: +1 312 750 1667 | Steve.Pribyl@akunacapital.com

Please consider the environment, before printing this email.

This electronic message contains information from Akuna Capital LLC that may be confidential, legally privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. This information is intended for the use of the addressee only and is not offered as investment advice to be relied upon for personal or professional use. Additionally, all electronic messages are recorded and stored in compliance pursuant to applicable SEC rules. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, printing or any other use of, or any action in reliance on, the contents of this electronic message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by telephone at (312)994-4640 and destroy the original message.