New to PostgreSQL - looking for query writing tools - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Troy Sherven
Subject New to PostgreSQL - looking for query writing tools
Date
List pgsql-general

Good morning,

First of all, I am not a database professional.  I work for a small company, and a portion of my job includes report writing (crystal, i-Net, etc), Excel analysis, etc.  We recently migrated to a new ERP that runs on a PostgreSQL database.  Our previous system was on a MSSQL database.  I have fairly basic experience writing SQL queries.  In the past I would use Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio to help in writing my SQL queries (I’d use the diagram, criteria, and SQL panes) instead of just writing SQL statements.

I’m looking for recommendations of tools that would work similar to Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.  So far I’ve played around with pgAdmin (doesn’t seem to have the same query writing abilities) and EMS SQL Query (seems more cumbersome than the Microsoft tool).  Are there any other tools I should be looking at for query writing help? I like to something visual and a grid to help write queries.

Any recommendations would be appreciated!

Troy