Re: small parallel restore optimization - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From ohp@pyrenet.fr
Subject Re: small parallel restore optimization
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 6 Mar 2009, Guillaume Smet wrote:

> Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 18:58:58 +0100
> From: Guillaume Smet <guillaume.smet@gmail.com>
> To: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
> Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>,
>     PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org>, ohp@pyrenet.fr
> Subject: Re: [HACKERS] small parallel restore optimization
>
> On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 6:20 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Can you put together even a weakly reproducible test case?  Something
>> that only fails every tenth or hundredth time would still help.
not sure, none of my tests did fail at the same place.
the only thing I could come  with is a calloc(1,12) that seems to alloc
mem for filename, in that case sdewitte.dmp; so  the alloc is not counting
the null char at the end.
not sure it could explain everything though  >

--
Olivier PRENANT                    Tel: +33-5-61-50-97-00 (Work)
15, Chemin des Monges                +33-5-61-50-97-01 (Fax)