Re: [GENERAL] Recalling previous commands at the PSQL prompt - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Maarten Boekhold
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Recalling previous commands at the PSQL prompt
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 20 Jul 1998, Gnoh, Chee Seng wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am new to PostgreSQL. I was wondering if there is a way to recall
> previous commands at the PSQL prompt, this would save me the hassle of
> typing the same SQL commands again. Thanks in advance.

Use the up-arrow. If that doesn't work, you probably haven't got
libreadline/libhistory installed, or they are installed in an unusual
place where configure couldn't find them.

Maarten

| TU Delft, The Netherlands, Faculty of Information Technology and Systems  |
|                   Department of Electrical Engineering                    |
|           Computer Architecture and Digital Technique section             |
|                          M.Boekhold@et.tudelft.nl                         |