Re: [HACKERS] posmaster failed under high load - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Oleg Broytmann
Subject Re: [HACKERS] posmaster failed under high load
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 6 May 1999, Tom Lane wrote:
> Something that's been on my to-do list since the ps-status-display code
> got added is to import "sendmail"'s ps-status-display module lock, stock,
> and barrel.  Sendmail's code is kinda ugly, but it's been wrung out and
> works on a wide variety of Unixes.  The code we have doesn't ... (it's
> never worked on my HPUX box, for instance, whereas sendmail does).
  The code was touched by wu-ftpd authors once. When I thought of stealing
the code I found sources in wu-ftpd distribution a little cleaner.

>             regards, tom lane

Oleg.
----    Oleg Broytmann     http://members.xoom.com/phd2/     phd2@earthling.net          Programmers don't die, they
justGOSUB without RETURN.