Re: problems with the instalation - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Margarita Barvinok
Subject Re: problems with the instalation
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
I believe you should install perl as root, or at least you should have
permission to write to directories you install perl into.

This is info from INSTALL file for postgresql-6.5.3:

-------------------
...16. If you used the --with-perl option to configure, check the install
log    to see whether the Perl module was actually installed. If you've    followed our advice to make the Postgres
filesbe owned by an    unprivileged userid, then the Perl module won't have been installed,    for lack of write
privilegeson the Perl library directories. You can    complete its installation, either now or later, by becoming the
user   that does own the Perl library (often root) (via su) and doing          $ cd /usr/src/pgsql/src/interfaces/perl5
        $ gmake install

-----------------------
Thank you,
-Rita

On Mon, 17 Apr 2000, [iso-8859-1] Rodrigo Ver�n De Astrada W. wrote:

> Hello
>
> I've downloaded the pgsql_perl5-1.9.0.
> I've decompressed, unpacked, and tried to install, but in the way, I found some errors.
> The process and errors are listed below
> ------------
> Configuring Pg
> Remember to actually read the README file !
> OS: linux
> Checking if your kit is complete...
> Looks good
> Writing Makefile for Pg
> Unable to open MakeMaker.tmp: Permission denied at (eval 1) line 625.
> ------------
>
> I ran the process "perl Makefile.PL" with te user "postgres", not root.
>
> Specifications:
> * perl -v: version 5.005_03 built for i386-linux
> * perl -V:perl5 (5.0 patchlevel 5 subversion 3)
> * PostgreSQL: -6.5.3
> * pgsql_perl5: -1.9.0
>
> I will be very appreciated if you can give me a hand, is very important for me.
>
> Best Regards
>
> Rodrigo
>
> P.D.:Sorry for my english, I'm from Paraguay.

Margarita Barvinok                University of Michigan
System Administrator II           Department of Biology
brita@umich.edu