Re: [GENERAL] Optimizations for busy DB?? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dustin Sallings
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Optimizations for busy DB??
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 13 May 1999, Brian wrote:

# its a really busy website retreviing data from the database.

    Right.  I run some pretty busy web sites that get data from the
database as well.  Most of the data doesn't need to be retreived from the
database for every single request.  I've got some pretty good caching
stuff I use that speeds it up *significantly*, and avoids hitting the
database for the same information over and over (and over).

--
SA, beyond.com           My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.net>