Core dump with initdb on Irix 6.2 - Mailing list pgsql-ports

From PostGres SQL
Subject Core dump with initdb on Irix 6.2
Date
List pgsql-ports
Hi there,

I've been having this problem for a few weeks now. Postgres 6.4.2
installed beautifully on my freeBSD 3.0 at home but on Irix6.4 at work, it
gives me many many compiler warnings.

Although, it claims that it is compiled and installed successfully, when
I run initdb I get a core dumped on creating the template database.

I've been through the previous postings, does anybody has any solution to
this???  I really like postgres but if it doesn't work I'll have to use
something else then. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

rOnn c.