Question about installing libraries - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Stan Horwitz
Subject Question about installing libraries
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hello all;

I hope this is the correct forum for this question.

I have been tasked to write a perl script on a Tru64 4.0f Unix system. One
of the things this script needs to do is query a PosgresSQL database that
runs on a Solaris server. I have a perl routine which does the query I
need, but it requires the PostgreSQL libraries. I read through the
installation directions for PostgresSQL, but I do not understand from
there how to install just the libraries. I do not need the entire
PostgreSQL package on my server since it is not going to host a database.
Being as though I have no experience with PostGreSQL in any way, I am
hoping someone on this mailing list can tell me how to install just the
libraries.

Thank you