Compiling on Tru64 - Mailing list pgsql-ports

From Kjetil Kjernsmo
Subject Compiling on Tru64
Date
List pgsql-ports
Dear all,

I'm trying to get PostgreSQL 7.3.2 running on Tru64.

Problem is, I've got a really old gcc, specifically 2.8.1, and I'm getting
the error someone reported in bug #623. I've asked some folks and there is
no new gcc coming up in foreseeable future.

I've also compiled with the native cc, it compiles but I'm getting
 35 of 89 tests failed.
Bad sign, I guess.

I do not have root access, and there is little I can do to correct these
problems. Is there any hope for me?

Cheers,

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo
Recent astrophysics graduate                  Problems worthy of attack