Re: [HACKERS] PostGreSQL v6.2.1 for Linux Alpha (repost) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pedro J. Lobo
Subject Re: [HACKERS] PostGreSQL v6.2.1 for Linux Alpha (repost)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 13 Feb 1998, Thomas G. Lockhart wrote:

>> Yes, I'm running PostgreSQL since the 6.0 days, now 6.2.1p6, on a DEC
>> Alpha with Digital Unix 3.2c, and it has always worked like a charm. I use
>> the DEC C compiler, if it makes any difference. The type sizes are exactly
>> those above.
>
>There is a possibility that the v6.3beta has trouble with your type of
>machine. Since you have had success in the past, and (presumeably) would like
>to use v6.3, would you have time to try testing the new package to see if it
>installs for your machine?

Of course I will... when I can find the time :-( In fact, I want to make
some tests with hash indices, to see if they work properly or not. I hope
to have the time to grab the last snapshot, build it and run the
regression tests on Monday. I'll let you know as soon I have any result
(positive or not).

>We have enough reports of possible trouble (and a new port support scheme)
>that each platform needs to be tested before v6.3 is released.

Sure. BTW, should we move this discussion to pgsql-ports?

    Pedro.

Pedro José Lobo Perea                   Tel:    +34 1 336 78 19
Centro de Cálculo                       Fax:    +34 1 331 92 29
EUIT Telecomunicación - UPM             e-mail: pjlobo@euitt.upm.es