A Testimonial - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Curt Sampson
Subject A Testimonial
Date
List pgsql-general
A friend of mine, Jacques Deguest <jack@deguest.net>, recently asked me
for advice on a database server, and of course I recommended PostgreSQL.
(He'd been using MySQL up to this point.) Here's what he sent me a week
later:

    I'd like to get back to what you previously wrote and say that
    after having used a little bit Postgres and thoroughly read the
    documentation, you under-stated the truth. MySQL is no match
    to Postgres. I am blasted by the features, the power and the
    profesionalism, not to mention all I was dreaming of: constraints,
    checks, views, procedures, user functions, and full support of
    Unicode + transcode from and to Unicode, among other things.

    Having experienced both, I can tell you now that you don't realize
    what you leave until you actually leave it.

    My only regret is that I did not do the move much much earlier. My
    fault.

He says we should feel free to put this up on the web site, if we like.

cjs