Re: Schema (namespace) privilege details - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Curt Sampson
Subject Re: Schema (namespace) privilege details
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 21 Apr 2002, Sander Steffann wrote:

> At the moment all our DBs are on one partition.

Not really, no. It's easy to put in a symlink to put a database on
another partition. It's easy for any object, for that matter, so long as
it's not the sort of thing that gets deleted and re-created by users.

> That is true, but when I look at how many of our customers actually use temp
> tables, I think this is not a very big problem (for us!)

Oh, of course! I was still in SQL Server mode, thinking that sorts were
done via temp tables. But of course Postgres doesn't do it this way.

> I don't know if there are any other places where
> a user can eat resources, but the more I think about it, the more
> complicated it gets. :-(

Yeah, exactly.

cjs
--